Sally Beauty Supply - Sally Beauty has messed up hiring practices
I'm a former employee of this company. I left a supervisory job under the impression I was being hired for an assistant manager position as that was the ad I was responding to (A sign was posted on the store window asking for "Store managers and Assistant managers"). I even listed it on my application as the job I was after. I went through the customary 2 interviews, one with the store manager and another with the district manager and was hired.
After about 3 weeks of mandatory associate training to learn the ins and outs (which was fine), it was becoming clear to me that they had no intention of making me assistant manager. So, I asked about it. Apparently, I was "auditioning for the job" even though on my resume it showed I was clearly qualified with about 15 years retail experience, about 6 in cosmetics and 3 as a supervisor. I had also gone to college. Also, the ad I answered asked for managers...not associates with the possibly of moving up someday if you kissed enough butt.
After weeks, now 2 months, of toiling away, determined to "make the cut", again, it became clear I wasn't going to be given the job I applied for. I found out in the meantime the position was given to an 18 year old coworker...with no management experience...and had only been with the company a few months...
To say I was insulted was an understatement as I am about 15 years older than this girl and she was now given authority to boss others around with her newly inflated ego about her new position. I have no problem with another qualified employee getting that job and I don't care if they are younger, but she literally sits and lays on the floor when it's slow and watches YouTube on her phone, paints her nails, uses our irons to straighten her hair, takes naps on the floor in the stockroom blanket and pillow and all!
But there I was, supposed to take her new position and this company seriously. I lost all motivation and from then on it was just a paycheck. Just a job. I stopped caring. This company, I feel, did me wrong.
So long story short, when you apply here, clarify what job you are applying for and what their process is to getting it if it's not one you walk into. Go over the wording of any ad you respond to of theirs as the ad I answered did not warn of trail periods and "auditioning".
Better yet...just don't apply here. I could go on about the mistreatment of employees and their ethics but this would literally turn into a novel and a sad one at that.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Product or service
- Sally Beauty Supply Work Experience
- Review category
- Cosmetics and Toiletries
You May Also Like
- "Hav used other products but wanted to try this one, I finally buy this product for almost $150 not even a week using it and the bottom left of my..."
- "In response to everyone who posted that they didn't know they were signing up for a subscription: You're all idiots. You're blaming the company for your lack of education. Are..."
- "I watched several different videos of people that I actually knew using this product. I was excited that it might actually work the way they showed since these were..."
- "I hired Chuck Messina for a divorce. It was a nightmare. He dragged my case forever by creating false problems and giving me false hope. Charles Messina ended up making..."
- "4500 curry ford rd Orlando fl This is the twistee treat located on Curry Ford Road in Orlando Florida. I noticed I was in the low class ghetto Hispanic section..."
- "You may have seen the ads stream across your social media accounts about some celebrity losing their job because they lost weight (Melissa McCarthy, for example) and all because they..."
- "HB Anon, for all your righteous high-flown talk about "...Loss of cash value ...never has been deceptive..." isn't it funny how so few people--including most of the WFG agents..."
- "Hello John, Thank you for contacting Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. in Arcadia, WI. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your Ashley furniture. All warranties are..."
- "They destroyed nearly everything they touched and paid for none of it. They have been giving me the run around for over 8 months now. Worst moving company ever...."